Tips for being Sun Smart
- Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun to allow maximum absorption and protection.
- Make sure you’re applying enough sunscreen. Reducing the quantity lowers the level of protection significantly.
- Reapply sunscreen frequently, especially after swimming, sweating or toweling.
- Try to avoid intense midday sun and seek shade during the hottest hours of the day.
- Avoid prolongued sun exposure, as overexposure can threaten your health, even when using a sunscreen.
- Wear accessories such as sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection and wide brim hats.
- DO NOT GET SUNBURNED.